It’s time to start on the Easter crafts that will decorate your home this holiday season! Here’s a cute seasonal wreath that takes just a few items to create and it can be completed and on your door in no time!
This is a great Easter craft to do with children. Have them shop with you for the pieces and then with your help, paint them before assembling the wreath.
Embellish your wreath to fit your style. Add ribbon, glitter, other seasonal items to make it your own. All of the items suggested below, plus thousands more, can be found at Jo Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.
Easy Easter Crafts: DIY Grapevine Wreath – Great Kids’ Craft Tutorial
Supplies and Tools Used:
- Plaid® FolkArt® Outdoor™ paints and paint brushes: Colors used in the sample – Fresh Foliage, Burnt Umber, Light Baby Blue, Purple Lilac, and Baby Pink (or colors of your choice). Several detail brushes will come in handy as will a ruler for painting stripes.
- Plaid® Simply® mini laser stencil and stencil brush
- 12″ grapevine wreath
- Decorative Items: 16″ Wood Slat (used for sign), 5 wood eggs, 2.5″, a 5.5″ wooden birdhouse, and a small wood cross
- Additional Items: Wood filler, Sheet moss, Sandpaper
Easy DIY Easter Wreath Directions:
- Remove the string from cross and fill hole with wood filler; set aside to dry.
- Sand all of the wooden pieces lightly – wipe clean to remove any sanding dust.
- Paint the pieces in any desired color/pattern, allowing the pieces to dry between color changes. Use the attached PDF file if you want to make it exactly as shown above.
- Stencil “Happy Easter” or free hand paint a similar holiday greeting. Allow to dry completely.
- Attach the pieces to the wreath with hot glue.
- Hang your new Easter wreath in a weather protected area and enjoy!
Don’t have a front door that’s suitable? Hang your wreath above your fireplace or on the inside of your door. I can’t wait to see your creations!
Courtesy of Jo Ann Fabric and Craft Stores