Pitch Perfect on Blu-Ray and DVD
Pitch Perfect is the “Glee” for college kids and that’s a great thing. It’s a fun and completely unrealistic look at the world of a cappela college competitions. Everything is big and over-the-top in the same way that Bring It On gave us a fantasy glimpse into the world of competitive cheer leading.
Mix campy humor and gross-out jokes with some good toe-tapping, head bobbing, and sing-a-long music and you’ll have an idea of what Pitch Perfect brings to the screen. The characters are reminiscent of Bridesmaids and The Hangover with their slap-stick antics.
Rebel Wilson, a plus-sized comedy powerhouse, steals the show with her in-your-face style which is part her, part her character. Self-dubbed “Fat Amy” in the film, her character is the brunt of some chubby jokes, but the character is realistically balanced with an active sex life, great self-esteem, and fabulous comedic timing.
The film was based a book Pitch Perfect: The Quest for Collegiate A Cappella Glory by Mickey Rapkin. Published in 2008, it’s the inspiration Kay Cannon needed to write the film. Cannon is also a producer and writer for “30 Rock” and the similarities in style between the two are evident.
Of course like most films, Pitch Perfect tries too hard for a few laughs. The ridiculous projectile-vomiting scenes are inane and unnecessary. There was also needless racial insensitivity, and lots of really low-brow comedy. That said, it’s still an enjoyable film; I just wish Hollywood would realize we’re not all 13-year old boys. But that’s not to say this is a chick-flick. It’s not. There’s plenty there for everyone – my 24-year old son loved it.
Pitch Perfect isn’t a deep film. But it is charming, silly, and in the end a love story – a love of music, friendship, and a special man.
Pitch Perfect is available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD, On Demand and Digital Download
DVD & BLU-RAY™ FEATURES:
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Line-O-Rama Actors showcase their improvisational skills in this collection of funny one-liners from the set.
- Starships, the Pitch Perfect Music Video Watch the “Starships” video performed by Mike Tompkins, the cast of Pitch Perfect and YOU!
- Activities Fair Take a tour of the Activities Fair and find out what the characters are up to in this alternate scene.
- Burrito Hit Watch the events leading up to the infamous burrito attack and its immediate aftermath.
- Backstage at Barden
- Benji Goes to Barden “He just needs to stop with the capes all the time…”
- A Capella Beat: Gail Interviews Bumper Gail and Bumper discuss his explosive talent.
- A Capella Beat: Gail Interviews Benji The interview gets cut short when new information comes to light.
- On the Set: Burrito Drive By! Find out how many burritos it takes to get the shot right of Fat Amy.
- A Look Inside – Catch a glimpse of this ensemble cast, the characters and the actors’ thoughts behind them, with this first-look into the movie.
- Feature Commentary with director Jason Moore and producers Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman.
- Feature Commentary with producer Paul Brooks.
BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES:
- More Line-O-Rama
- Line-O-Rama The Aca-Inappropriate Version
- Announcer Line-O-Rama
- More Meanwhile…
- Hood Night Bumper tries to hit on Fat Amy
- Tonehangers Treble Makers goes face to face with Tonehangers
- Confessional The girls open up to share secrets
- pocketBLU™ Experience Blu-ray™ in an exciting new way with the pocket BLU™ app for iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® Touch, Android™, smartphones and tables, PC and Mac®.
- Advanced Virtual Remote and Keyboard Control Blu-ray™ features and communicate with ease.
- Video Timeline Instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go Transfer exclusive bonus features to your device to enjoy anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles Access a library of available titles and previews.
- BD-Live™ Access bonus content, trailers and more through an internet-connected player.
- My Scenes Bookmark your favorite scenes and share.
- Includes UltraViolet and Digital Copy of Pitch Perfect to watch anytime, anywhere