Recipe: Chef Boyardee Pizza Calzones
Summary: A nice change from traditional pizza and easy to personalize for everyone in the family! Plus it makes food fun – just dip in your favorite sauce and enjoy! This is my recipe, how would you prepare the Chef Boyardee Pizza Kit? Need ideas? Visit the real chefs at Chef Boyardee for some great recipes!
- 1 Chef Boyardee Pizza Kit (cheese)
- 3 tsp dried Italian Seasoning (divided)
- 2 tbls flour
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced or chopped
- 2-1/2 cups pizza cheese (blend of mozzarella and Parmesan), divided
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 20 pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Prepare the dough as noted on the package with the following exceptions: Add 1 tsp Italian Season to dry mix, stir, then follow with water.
- Once the dough has rested the allotted time, divide it into two pieces. With flour and rolling pin, roll into two small circles (as thin as possible but without making holes)
- Add a tablespoon or two of Chef Boyardee sauce to half of the dough – avoid getting within 1″ of the edges
- For pepperoni, layer pepperoni and cover with cheese; for vegetarian, rub the garlic on the dough and then layer with vegetables.
- Cover with cheese and sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning (I also saved a bit to sprinkle on top of the folded crust).
- Fold the pizza dough over the filled side. Pull the bottom crust up and over the top crust, folding it towards the center to seal the filling inside the crust.
- Using a sharp knife, make 2 vent holes in the top of the pie
- Bake the remaining 15-20 minutes until the crust is nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes so the cheese solidifies slightly. While cooling, heat the Chef Boyardee sauce for dipping.
- Cut into wedges and serve with hot pizza sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15-20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4