Disney On Ice is partnering up with Wigs for Kids to make dreams come true!
Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream which will take your breath away! The show can be seen at the Comcast Arena in Everett from November 1st – 4th and then at the ShoWare Center in Kent from November 7th – 11th. You’ll ooh and awe over the aerialist act with Rapunzel’s golden locks, shimmering gowns that twinkle and twirl during Cinderella’s royal ball, a lighting display that illuminates all the fireflies in Tiana’s New Orleans bayou and a grand finale with all the Disney princesses.
In honor of the new skating production Disney On Ice is inviting guests in the Puget Sound community to participate in donation campaign to benefit children suffering from medically-related hair loss. Donate your hair (at least 10’’ inches long; either braided or in a ponytail) to Wigs for Kids, and in appreciation for the kind gesture, you’ll receive two free tickets (*Tickets available while supplies last) from Feld Entertainment to Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream playing in either Everett or Kent.
Donations will be accepted at participating salons listed below until November 6th. Call a salon to donate or use your own salon – your choice – but drop off will need to be at one of the locations below.
Participating Hair Salons
900 Lenora St
Seattle, WA 98121
7439 Beverly Blvd
Everett, WA 98203
Salon Bella Dea
502 16th NE #302
Auburn, WA 98002
When cutting hair to be donated to Wigs for Kids, please follow these simple steps:
- Your hair needs to be 10-12 inches (hint: pull curly hair straight for a more accurate measurement).
- Be sure the hair is clean and dry before cutting.
Donating Hair Don’ts:
- Sorry, permed hair or hair that is color-treated or highlighted with permanent dyes cannot be donated.
Donating Hair – How To:
- Section the hair into 4-6 ponytales or braids around the head. Pull the rubber band down below the cut line. Cut and keep the donated hair in the band.
- Make sure each ponytail or braid is tightly secured with a rubber band – without it, hair can become unusable during the transport process. PLEASE be sure hair is tight and secured with several rubber bands.
- Place the hair in a plastic bag or wrap it in tissue paper.