Roasted Vegetables with Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar
Summary: Quick and easy! Use great tasting olive oil and balsamic vinegar for the best results. I LOVE Newman’s Own Organics Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil. They’re both fabulous!
Cut the vegetables that take longer to cook smaller – ie., the carrots and potatoes or add the asparagus in the last 8 minutes. My husband generally likes his asparagus cooked until mushy, I considered that overcooked, so I’m able to cook them together. But if you’re a NORMAL person, put the asparagus in later. I theses roasted vegetables with an Artichoke Feta Salad with Creamy Green Goddess Dressing and Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
BTW, yes, I’m using a Zwilling JA Henckels International Eversharp Pro Deluxe 8″ Bread Knife to cut the vegetables. Ironically I got it as a gift with purchase with me Zojirushi BBCCX20 Home Bakery Supreme Bread Machine and it’s the best knife I own and I use it for everything. I did just order a new Eversharp Pro knife for everyday use.
- 1 lbs asparagus spears, ends trimmed, washed, and dried
- 2 large carrots (or 5 medium), peeled, cut to the approximate size of asparagus
- 1 pd small red potatoes, washed and quartered (about 1″ in size”)
- 1-1/2 Tbl olive oil
- 1 Tbl balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Place the vegetables and olive oil in a gallon reclosable bag. Turn the bag to coat evenly.
- Pour the contents of the bag out onto a flat baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roast for 10-15 minutes or until tender – all vegetables, especially the spears, should still retain some crispness and not be soggy.
- Remove from oven and place on the serving platter.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve warm or cold – great either way.
You can also grill these in a pan on your grill or spear them on metal skewers and roast them directly.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
My rating 5 stars: ★★★★★ 1 review(s)
Additional Vegetable Recipes You May Like: