Easy Summer Feta Salad
Recipe: Quick and Easy Artichoke Feta Salad with Creamy Green Goddess Dressing (Vegetarian)
Summary: This is a super easy artichoke feta salad and filling enough for a main course with some crusty bread and butter or as a side dish as shown above. Green Goddess Dressing is traditionally made with anchovies…gross! And some insist it isn’t a Green Goddess without avocados, but I prefer mayo. This dressing is just fine without that nastiness in it! If you feel like it needs a little oil, go ahead and add 1 tsp of olive oil, but I find the consistency is perfect without it.
- 4-5 cups mixed organic salad greens (prewashed and ready-to-eat is fine and a real time saver)
- 1/4 cup olives, halved (black is our preference but any olives will do)
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup ziti noodles, cooked and cooled (a great way to use up leftovers)
- 1/8 cup roasted red peppers in oil, chopped (I leave mine whole because the hubby doesn’t like them)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Croutons (seasoned or plain)
- Green Goddess Dressing (vegetarian version)
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 Tbl fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tbl lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and chop greens if necessary. Add all other ingredients and toss.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth, Scrap down the sides as necessary with a spatula to be sure all the herbs are finely chopped.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for the flavors to develop and then store in the fridge up to 1 week in a sealed container.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 0
Number of servings (yield): 4
Looking for more quick and easy salad recipes? Check out our Salad Recipes