Fresh Fruit and Creamy Yogurt Dressing Pasta Salad
Pasta Salad Recipe: Fresh Fruit with Creamy Yogurt Dressing
Summary: This refreshing salad is quick and easy, and full of seasonal fruit. Choose 4 cups of your favorite fruit to add to the salad – the possibilities are endless.
- 1 box Dreamfields Elbow Macaroni pasta
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat vanilla or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbl honey (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh fruit, washed and cut into bite sized pieces. Suggestions: apples, strawberries, peaches, blueberries, kiwi and grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Place in large bowl; set aside to cool.
- Toast the almonds: Spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in a cold oven, set the temp to 350° F and bake for 9-11 minutes. Stir them occasionally and toast until lightly browned. Cool.
- Dressing: In medium bowl, stir together yogurt, honey, and cinnamon; toss with cooled elbows.
- Add fruit and mint; toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Refrigerate leftovers, covered, up to 1 day, allow to stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before serving
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe reprinted with permission
By Dreamfields Pasta Co