Homemade Coconut Almond Crunch Granola
Recipe: Homemade Granola – Coconut Almond Crunch Snack Mix
Summary: Toasting the almonds gives them an even nuttier taste. To toast, spread the almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place the almonds in a cold oven, set the temp to 350° F, and bake for 9-11 minutes. Stir them occasionally and toast until lightly browned. Cool.
A delicious treat that’s quick to make and no preservatives! Plus almonds make a fabulous snack – they’re cholesterol-free and loaded with protein, fiber and unsaturated fats.
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine toasted almonds, oats, coconut, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey with oil until combined.
- Drizzle over honey/oil mixture over almond-oat mixture, toss to mix well.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, loosen with spatula, and cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Created by Almond Board of California
Reprinted with permission