Kale Salad with Homemade Hazelnut-Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Recipe By Josh Henderson, Skillet Street Food, Seattle
Kale is said to be a super-food - full of vitamins and nutrients. Here’s a great salad that can be a wonderful side salad for 4 or dinner salad for 2. The dressing can be made ahead; refrigerate; shake before serving.
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 2 Tbl toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbl dried cranberries
- 2 Tbl blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, whole leaf
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbl water
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbl fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, ground
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Combine kale, hazelnuts, cranberries, blue cheese, and parsley. Set aside.
- In medium bowl with an immersion blender or in a blender jar, combine all of the ingredients except the canola oil.
- Slowly add the canola oil until an emulsion forms.
Add vinaigrette to salad; toss and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Reprinted with permission