Voskos Greek Yogurt Banana Pancakes Recipe
This recipe uses plain Greek Yogurt to replace some of the fat which results in a fluffy pancake with fewer calories! You won’t miss the fat because they have a hint of sweetness and just a touch of banana and cinnamon. If you’ve got room in your diet for a few extra calories, we suggest Pure Maple Syrup or a fresh fruit topping.
This recipe is compliments of Voskos Greek Yogurt. Visit the Voskos Greek Yogurt website for more light and low-calorie recipes and hints and tips on how to use Greek Yogurt in your cooking.
|Greek Yogurt Banana Pancakes
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 13 mins
Light and fluffy, you’ll love this with syrup or fruit compote.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup (a 8oz container) Voskos nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Whisk together eggs, oil, banana, yogurt and honey until completely mixed (wet mixture).
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until combined, allowing batter to remain lumpy. Don’t over mix.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Coat with cooking spray. Divide the batter into 9 portions. Pour pancake mix onto hot pan and cook about 4 minutes on the first side (or until golden brown) and then about 2 more minutes on the second side.
- Keep and serve warm
Serving size: 1/9 Calories: 100