Paula Deen is the queen of full-fat goodies and these won’t disappoint. Simple to make and just a few ingredients, these biscuits are said to be soft and rich. Why not doctor them up with some fresh or dried thyme or other herbs. Or make herbed butter (soften butter, mix in herbs, place in plastic wrap and roll, refrigerate and then serve with warm buns).
This recipe has just three ingredients and it’s super simple to make. Mix up a batch for mom on Mother’s Day or any special holiday – breakfast or dinner. Add a sweet jelly for a breakfast treat or serve along side your favorite beef dish for dinner.
I would guess these would freeze well. Wrap individually in an airtight package and use within 2 months.Don’t forget you can find more easy-to-make recipes like this one featured by Paula Deen and Kraft Foods’ online community – Real Women of Philadelphia and in their cookbook Real Women of Philadelphia: The Cookbook which can be purchased online at Lulu.com.
|Paula Deen’s Easy Cream Cheese Southern Biscuit Recipe
Recipe Type: Bread
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
The dough will be sticky – use just enough flour to roll the biscuits.
- 2 cups biscuit mix (suggested: Bisquick)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- Milk, to moisten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cut cream cheese into Bisquick and add enough milk to moisten.
- Place dough like mixture onto floured surface and knead two or three times.
- Roll dough to desired thickness using a rolling pin and cut out with round cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.
Paula Deen’s Easy Cream Cheese Southern Biscuit Recipe
Disclosure: Photos and recipe reprinted with permission. We received no compensation for posting this information.