Paula Deen, the queen of butter, shared this recipe with us for Mother’s Day. Simple to make, this would be a great recipe for a tween or teen to make up for his/her mom as a special surprise. It’s also perfect for a spring wedding or bridal shower, baby shower, or special birthday celebration.
It’s NOT low calorie or light, so enjoy it sparingly! It’s also not the most attractive dish, but it gets high marks from tasters. Some say it’s as close as you can get to eating cookie dough without eating raw egg. I’ll pass, it’s not a texture I like
Want more delicious and easy-to-prepare dishes like these for mom are featured on Paula Deen and Kraft Foods’ online community – Real Women of Philadelphia and in their cookbook Real Women of Philadelphia: The Cookbook which can be purchased online at Lulu.com.
|Paula Deen Chocolate Chip Cheeseball Recipe
Recipe Type: Appetiser, Dessert
Prep time: 2 hours 15 mins
Total time: 2 hours 15 mins
Reprinted with permission – from Paula’s Best Dishes Episode: Chocolicious
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- Chocolate and honey flavored graham crackers and fruit
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Add the marshmallows and chocolate morsels. Stir to combine well.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Form the mixture into a ball, then roll it in walnuts.
- Arrange the cheese ball on a serving platter and serve with graham crackers and fruit.
Don’t like nuts? Cover with mini chocolate chips instead.