This salad is super-fast to prep, so delicious, and made with ingredients you likely have on hand or growing in your garden. If you’re not a avocado fan, substitute fresh basil leaves for a more traditional salad.
This salad can be made ahead (see the note below regarding the avocado) and it travels beautifully so it makes a great brown bag salad. Or, add a glass of wine and crunchy baguette for a romantic picnic lunch!
|Need a Light Summer Dinner? Try a Tomato, Mozzarella and Avocado Salad!
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Perfect summer salad!
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- cucumber, diced
- cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables and the mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add salt.
- Toss well.
- Serve immediately.
If you are not eating the salad right away, refrigerate but don’t add the avocado. Peel, dice, and add just before serving to prevent it from turning brown.