Every month is Home Safety Month at our house. Living with a fire fighter for 30-years has made me aware of all the in-home hazards that can cause fire or injury. I’m thrilled to be able to offer a prize pack of home safety products provided by The Lehigh Group and First Alert. This prize pack will keep you and your family safe, both inside the home and out.
This prize package includes the following:
- Tundra® Fire Extinguishing Spray™: We have several of these in our home. They’re a powerful but compact and are effective on common household fires including fabric, wood, cooking oil and electrical fires.
- Cordzilla® by Secureline from The Lehigh Group: We’ve not tried this specific brand, but it is really important that you secure gear on your roof racks or truck beds. There have been several horrible accidents here in the Seattle-area by unsecured loads. This particular brand is available in a variety of lengths and are a bungee-style tie down which feature vinyl coated steel hooks with security clips. They can secure loads up to 400 pounds.
- Drinking Water Test Kit: I’d love to have one of these! Who wouldn’t want to know if there is hidden harmful bacteria and chemicals in your water? First Alert’s Drinking Water Test Kit is a do-it-yourself kit tests to Environmental Protection Agency standards for toxins such as lead, pesticides, chlorine and more.
- Mold Test Kit: Mold has been in the forefront of the news for years. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that six varieties of mold are common and three can produce toxins harmful to humans. This Mold Test Kit from First Alert allows you to safely and accurately test for and identify the various types of mold that may be colonizing in your home. Once you know it’s there, and what kind it is, you can take steps to rid it from your home.
- Radon Test Kit – Radon is an invisible, odorless and poisonous gas that causes tens of thousands of deaths each year. It is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the US (number one among non-smokers). It’s responsible for approximately 20,000 lung cancer deaths each year. The First Alert Radon Gas Test Kit comes with all the materials needed to test your home’s radon levels.
- Lead Test Kit: According to the CDC, children under the age of six years old are at an elevated risk for lead poisoning because they are growing so rapidly and often put their hands or other objects, which may be contaminated with lead dust, into their mouths. Find out if your home has lead with First Alert’s easy-to-use Lead Test Kit.
I’ve not had any personal experience with any of the products with the exception of the Tundra Fire Extinguisher (luckily, I’ve never had to use mine so technically I guess I’ve never really used it). However, this was such a fabulous prize pack to pass on that I agreed to host a giveaway. Make every month home safety month at your house, too!
ENTER TO WIN Winner Chosen
Enter to win this home safety kit!
To win, comment below with your best Home Safety Tip. One random winner will receive the products noted above. Continental US addresses only (sorry, this must be shipped by ground because of the fire extinguisher). APR $65
Contest ends 6/8/10 at 11:59 pm PDST. Regular contest rules apply. Open to mailing addresses in the US only (sorry, no PO Boxes).
Want extra entries?
- Subscribe to this website (1 point)
- Follow me on Twitter (user name princesstimetoy) (1 point)
- Tweet this post using the Share/Save at the bottom of this post – tweet up to 2 times a day, 1 point each time (1 point)
- Digg or Stumble our blog (5 points!)
Do any or all of the extra entry assignments and post a comment for each additional entry.
Disclosure: I have not received any compensation – monetarily or by gift - for this post or giveaway. I’m doing it as a service to my readers.